- baking potatoes (8 to 10 oz each)
- frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs, about 1-inch each (from 16-oz package)
- cup tomato pasta sauce (from 14-oz jar)
- slices (3/4 oz each) mozzarella cheese
- small pimiento-stuffed olives
- dill pickle, cut into twelve 1×1/4-inch pieces
- 1Heat oven to 375°F. Wrap each potato in foil. Bake about 1 hour or until fork-tender. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 2Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, cook meatballs and pasta sauce over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until meatballs are hot, stirring frequently.
- 3Cut each potato in half lengthwise. With spoon, scoop out pulp from each potato, leaving 1/4-inch shell. Discard pulp or reserve for another use.
- 4Place 2 meatballs and about 2 tablespoons sauce in each potato half; place on ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan. Cut cheese into 1/4-inch wide slices. Arrange cheese slices over meatball filling crossing back and forth to completely cover and resemble “bandages;” tuck ends inside potatoes.
- 5Bake about 2 minutes or just until cheese softens; do not melt. Place 2 olives on end of each potato to resemble eyes; place 2 pickle pieces at opposite end to resemble feet.
To save time, microwave the potatoes instead of baking them. Pierce the potatoes with a fork; microwave on High for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Cover them; let stand about 5 minutes before cutting.
You can use pizza sauce instead of the tomato pasta sauce.