- can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- cup cilantro sprigs
- cup parsley sprigs
- tablespoon lime juice
- cloves garlic
- cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch; from 8.2-oz package)
- medium lime, cut into wedges
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 11×7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2In blender or food processor, place enchilada sauce, cilantro, parsley, lime juice and garlic. Cover; blend on high speed about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- 3In small bowl, mix chicken and 3/4 cup of the cheese. Divide chicken mixture among tortillas. Roll tortillas around chicken mixture; place seam sides down in baking dish. Pour sauce mixture over enchiladas.
- 4Cover; bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake uncovered 5 to 10 minutes longer or until hot. Serve with lime wedges. Garnish with additional cilantro sprigs if desired.
Though protein won’t raise your blood glucose levels, it’s still wise to eat only one serving per meal to control your total calorie intake.
Don’t forget the rice and beans! Serve with 1/3 cup cooked rice and 1/2 cup Old El Paso® fat-free refried beans for a total of 4 1/2 Carbohydrate Choices.
If you prefer green enchilada sauce to the red variety, go ahead and use it instead.